According to the Health and Safety Executive, employers should do the following to make workplace COVID secure:
Update the risk assessment to manage risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) in your business. This will help you to understand what you should do to work safely and protect people.
Keep people 2 metre apart where possible. If this is not viable, keeping 1 metre apart with risk minimising is also acceptable.
Cleaning, hygiene and handwashing
Ensure that the workplace is clean and frequent handwashing is in place. This reduces the potential for coronavirus to spread and is a critical part of making and keeping your business COVID-secure.
Talk to workers and provide information
Consult and involve people in the steps being taken to manage the risk of coronavirus in your workplace so you can:
- explain the changes you are planning to work safely
- make sure changes will work and hear their ideas
- continue to operate your business safely
Working from home
If staff are working from home you should:
- provide the equipment they need, for example a computer, phone and videoconferencing facilities
- keep in regular contact with them, making sure you discuss their wellbeing
Consider the risk to vulnerable workers, especially those vulnerable to coronavirus. Put controls in place to reduce that risk.
For more guidance and advice visit: https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/working-safely/index.htm