Accident and Incident Investigations
Investigating accidents, incidents and near misses form an essential component of the overall Risk Management process. All employers have duties under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR). They must report certain work-related injuries, cases of ill health and dangerous occurrences.
Investigations help you monitor the measures you have put in place to prevent accidents, incidents and near misses from happening. The findings from investigations can help you improve your risk management and avoid recurrences.
A properly undertaken investigation can
- provide you with exact information on how work is really done (for example workers
may find short cuts to make their work easier or quicker and may ignore rules),
- improve the future management of risk,
- help employees and the overall organisation learn,
- demonstrate your commitment to effective health and safety, and
- improving employee morale
McCann Risk Management is your solution to Accident and Incident Investigations. We will investigate your accidents and cases of occupational ill health to help you uncover and correct any breaches in health and safety legal compliance you may have been unaware of, and to ensure that your employees are safe and healthy.