Assessing risk is just one but crucial part of the overall Risk Management Process. A Risk Assessment is a careful and comprehensive examination of your workplace to evaluate what could cause harm and to advise precautions that should be taken to prevent injury or health issues. It is an important step to ensure employee safety, as well as to comply with the law.
Employers are required by law to protect employees, and others from harm. Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the minimum you must do is:
- identify what could cause injury or illness in your business (hazards)
- decide how likely it is that someone could be harmed and how seriously (the risk)
- take action to eliminate the hazard, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk
We offer the HSE recommended five-step process for completing a comprehensive risk assessment. It involves:
- Identifying potential hazards
- Identifying who might be harmed by those hazards
- Evaluating risk (severity and likelihood) and establishing suitable precautions
- Implementing controls (taking action) and recording the findings
- Reviewing the assessment and re-assessing if necessary.
In addition to the above, we also evaluate what is already being done to control the risks.
Contact us now for a complete solution to Risk Management for your workplace.